The North Carolina Tar Heels play their home opener when they host the Chattanooga Mocs Sunday. Though UNC will more than likely win the affair, they may have some difficulties covering the spread at home if last season is any indication. UNC posted a poor 6-13-2 ATS record at Chapel Hill last season and covered in back-to-back home games just once.
- UNC has gone OVER in their past 5 games dating back to last season.
- Chattanooga covered in 6 of their final 9 road games last season.
- Kennedy Meeks went just 4-for-13 in UNC’s first game.
If the first game is any indication, Justin Jackson is ready to take on the extra weight that is thrust upon him entering the season. Jackson scored a career-high 27 points while shooting 9-for-12 including 4-for-5 from beyond the arc in UNC’s 95-75 victory over Tulane Friday.
Matt McCall has made Chattanooga road warriors during his brief tenure with the team, as the second-year coach has led the Mocs to a 12-4 SU record since taking over. That includes an 82-69 victory in Chattanooga’s season opener against Tennessee. The frontcourt duo of Tre’ McLean and Justin Tuoyo combined for 43 points and 21 rebounds in that game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Bettors looking to go with the North Carolina Tar Heels in this one found them listed as -17.5-point favorites earlier on the NCAA basketball betting odds menu at Bovada. Check for line moves and odds updates as money coming in on the Moccasins was expected to move the line.
Chattanooga Moccasins vs North Carolina Tar Heels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
North Carolina Tar Heels battles the Chattanooga Moccasins, currently sitting with a 1-0 mark (1-0 ATS). The OVER/UNDER records, always important for totals betting, are 1-0 for the North Carolina Tar Heels and 1-0 for the Chattanooga Moccasins.
According to new college basketball power rankings here at Odds – Shark
, it’s the No. 14-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels and the No. 34-rated Chattanooga Moccasins in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Moccasins got a 22-point performance from Justin Tuoyo, who added 22 rebounds, as Chattanooga ran past Tennessee 82-69 on Friday at Thompson-Boling Arena.
North Carolina cruised to victory on Friday, running Tulane out of the gym and running up a 95-75 score at Smoothie King Center.
- Chattanooga is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Chattanooga is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chattanooga’s last 5 games
- Chattanooga is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- North Carolina is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- North Carolina is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina’s last 5 games
- North Carolina is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chattanooga home to Hiwassee, Wednesday, November 16th
North Carolina at Long Beach State, Tuesday, November 15th