The last time Duke and Clemson met, the Blue Devils were nearly upset but narrowly picked up a 64-62 victory. Though that contest was close, Duke extended its historical dominance of Clemson in that outing, as the Blue Devils have gone 27-3 SU in the past 30 meetings between the two squads.
– Shark BITES
- Duke is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games.
- Clemson is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games after a win.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Duke’s last 20 games against the ACC.
Clemson had little difficulty with NC State in the first round, as the Tigers easily walked away with a 75-61 victory that was never really in doubt. Jaron Blossomgame had a huge day with the senior tallying 22 points while shooting nearly 53 percent. Clemson backers will be hoping that Blossomgame’s performance on Tuesday means he will keep rolling, as he had just seven points while shooting 3-for-12 in the regular season against Duke.
Duke has slumped closing out the regular season, going just 1-3 in the past four while averaging just 70.8 points. The lack of scoring depth has been a major concern, as Luke Kennard and Jayson Tatum have accounted for 50 percent of Duke’s points during the past five games. If the Tigers dominate in the paint like they did in Round 1 against NC State, the Blue Devils may be in trouble as their frontcourt has not meshed well at all.
Clemson Tigers vs Duke Blue Devils Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Duke Blue Devils sport a record of 23-8 and 11-18-1 ATS heading into this betting matchup, while the Clemson Tigers have 17-14 and 14-14-1 ATS marks on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 14-16 for the Duke Blue Devils and 17-12 for the Clemson Tigers.
The Duke Blue Devils sit at No. 33 in the current college hoops power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Clemson Tigers sit at No. 177 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up Duke’s No. 25 nationally ranked offense (80.48 points per game) against a Clemson Tigers defense that sits as the No. 115 at 71.23 PPG. The Duke Blue Devils have been averaging 47.32% from the field, more than the Tigers have managed so far this season (45.32% on average).
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Tigers got 22 points from Jaron Blossomgame as Clemson ran past North Carolina State 75-61 on Tuesday at Barclays Center.
Duke got 28 points from Luke Kennard on the way to a 90-83 loss against North Carolina on Saturday at Dean Smith Center.
- Clemson is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Clemson’s last 18 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Clemson’s last 5 games
- Clemson is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Duke
- Duke is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Duke is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Duke’s last 18 games
- Duke is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Clemson