There is no love loss between Clemson and South Carolina, as the interstate rivalry is always one of the biggest games on each team’s calendar. However, there has historically been few upsets between the Tigers and Gamecocks, as the favorite has gone 9-2 SU and ATS in the past 11 between the two programs.
- The UNDER is 7-0 in the past seven games between Clemson and South Carolina.
- Clemson is 2-10 SU in their last 12 games on the road against teams with winning records.
- South Carolina is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games as favorite.
South Carolina has been untouchable in Columbia, as the Gamecocks have gone 7-0 with an average scoring margin of plus-19 in true home games this season. South Carolina is still figuring out how to survive without Sindarious Thornwell who leads the team in points, rebounds and assists per game. The senior has been suspended indefinitely due to an undisclosed violation of athletic department policy. P.J. Dozier has stepped up in Thornwell’s absence, as the sophomore has averaged 21 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game in the past four.
Clemson takes a six-game winning streak into this matchup Wednesday. The Tigers have averaged 79.7 points while holding opponents to 56.8 through their past six games. Though Jaron Blossomgame gets the headlines, opponents can’t just focus on him to shut down Clemson, as five different players are averaging double-digit points.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you were backing the Clemson Tigers in this one, their betting line was listed as 3-point underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline.
Clemson Tigers vs South Carolina Gamecocks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Clemson Tigers will try to spoil to the party and cover the point spread on Wednesday; they are 4-4 ATS against the betting line this season, while the South Carolina Gamecocks are 5-4 ATS. Clemson Tigers are 3-3 on betting the total; South Carolina Gamecocks are 1-7.
The Gamecocks – Tigers odds would favor the Tigers if the lines were set according to our power ranks. South Carolina is rated No. 40 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Clemson is at No. 36.
The game also pits South Carolina’s No. 170-ranked offense, averaging 73.2 PPG, against a Tigers defense that ranks No. 39 at 63.6 PPG. The Gamecocks field goal percentage has averaged 45.02% so far, more than the Tigers marksmen have achieved on the year, 44.06% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The battle between the Tigers and Bears didnt turn out to be much of a battle at all as Mercer was handed a 90-47 defeat on Saturday at Littlejohn Coliseum.
The Gamecocks got 20 points from PJ Dozier, but it was Seton Hall that prevailed in a 67-64 final on Monday at Madison Square Garden.
- Clemson is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Clemson is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Clemson is 6-15 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- Clemson is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games when playing South Carolina
- South Carolina is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
- South Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- South Carolina is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Clemson
- South Carolina is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Clemson
Next Betting Matchups
Clemson home to UNC Wilmington, Wednesday, December 28th
South Carolina at Lander, Tuesday, December 27th