The AFC South hasn’t been the most exciting division in the NFL this season, but fans and bettors alike will be hoping the Indianapolis Colts and Houston Texans can put on a better show in Thursday Night Football.
- Since 2007, the Colts are 8-0 SU and 7-1 ATS on the road in Thursday Night Football.
- The Texans have outscored opponents 74-19 in the first half this season.
- The Colts are indicating that QB Andrew Luck will start.
Thanks to a 16-13 overtime victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday, the Colts hold the division lead with a mediocre 2-2 SU record. The Tennessee Titans are second at 1-2, while the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Texans are bringing up the rear at 1-3 SU.
Indy was forced to start veteran signal caller Matt Hasselback in Week 3 due to a shoulder injury to star QB Andrew Luck and Hasselback filled in admirably. The 40-year-old finished the game 30-of-47 for 282 yards and a touchdown in the victory.
Houston is just 1-3 ATS at the betting window so far in the young NFL campaign and the Colts have been even worse going 0-4 ATS.
Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Houston Texans sport a record of 1-3 and 1-3 ATS heading into this betting matchup, while the Indianapolis Colts sit at 2-2 and 0-4 ATS on the season. The over under totals records are 2-2 for the Texans and 1-3 for the Colts. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Indianapolis injuries news.
The game pits the Houston Texans, currently No. 18 in our Odds – VSB
NFL Power Rankings, against the Indianapolis Colts, who rate No. 12 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Houston’s No. 24-ranked offense, averaging 19.25 PPG, against a Colts defense that ranks No. 16 this week at 23.25 PPG. The Texans aerial game is averaging 284.5 yards per game, more than the Colts secondary allows through the air, 268 YPG per game.
In comparing defenses, the Indianapolis Colts own the league’s No. 19-rated front 7 in terms of stopping the run, allowing 117.5 yards per game when on the road. Houston, on the other hand, rates No. 7 this week in generating rushing yards at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Colts grabbed a Week 4 victory over the Jaguars in their last game, winning 16-13 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Houston lost its last outing 48-21 against Atlanta on Sunday, getting a 157-yard receiving performance from DeAndre Hopkins in a losing cause at Georgia Dome.
- Indianapolis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Indianapolis is 15-6 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Indianapolis’s last 11 games
- Indianapolis is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Houston is 6-12 ATS in its last 18 games at home
- Houston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Houston is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Indianapolis
Next Betting Matchups
Indianapolis home to New England, Sunday, October 18th
Houston at Jacksonville, Sunday, October 18th