Winning games has become ordinary to the Chicago Cubs in 2016, as the Cubbies can extend their current winning streak to seven games on Sunday against the Oakland A’s.
- The Cubs are 5-0 in their last 5 during game 3 of a series.
- The Athletics are 4-0 in Manaea’s last 4 home starts.
- The UNDER is 4-0 in Hendricks’ last 4 starts overall.
Kyle Hendricks and Sean Manaea are slated to get the ball. Hendricks (10-7, 2.22 ERA) has allowed no earned runs in five of his last six starts and posted a 1.00 ERA in four outings since the All-Star break.
Manaea (3-6, 4.68) is winless in six games (five starts) since June 29 despite posting a decent 3.62 ERA over that span. The 24-year-old is 3-2 with a 3.39 ERA in 10 games in the Bay Area this year.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Oakland was a 163 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.1-2.7 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Oakland Athletics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Oakland (48-62) will face the 68-41 Cubs in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Oakland vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 25 (Oakland Athletics) and the No. 4 (Chicago Cubs) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
The game also pits Oakland Athletics No. 24-rated offense, averaging 4.07 runs per game, against a Chicago Cubs defense that ranks No. 1 at 3.42 in runs allowed per game. The Oakland Athletics have averaged 8.55 hits per game so far, less than Chicago Cubs batters have averaged on the year (8.61 hits per game).
Oakland owns the No. 26 defense, allowing 4.07 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 1-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J Arrieta silenced the Athletics bats in a 4-0 victory last time out versus Oakland at O.co Coliseum.
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Chi Cubs’s last 21 games
- Chi Cubs is 3-11 ATS in its last 14 games on the road
- Oakland is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- Oakland is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to Los Angeles, Tuesday, August 9th
Oakland home to Baltimore, Monday, August 8th