The Chicago Cubs’ magic number is down to five, and a sixth division title in franchise history is looking like a foregone conclusion at this point. The Cubbies travel to St. Louis for a date with the rival Cardinals on Monday.
- The total has gone OVER in the Cubs’ last three games against the Cardinals.
- The Cubs are 2-5 SU in their last seven games against the Cardinals.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of the Cardinals’ last 17 games as a moneyline underdog of 140 or more.
Kyle Hendricks and Mike Leake are slated to get the ball for the Cubs and Cards, respectively. Hendricks (14-7, 2.07 ERA) lowered his major league-leading ERA to 2.07 last Monday at Milwaukee. The 26-year-old hasn’t lost on the road since July 26 against the White Sox.
Leake (9-9, 4.61) has allowed three runs or fewer in each of his last four starts after giving up 20 in his previous three outings. Leake is 9-3 in 21 career starts against the Cubs.
Chicago has been beating up on the NL Central lately. In the Cubs’ last 10 games against the division, they’re 8-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of 133 for the St. Louis Cardinals in this one over at Bovada. The over under number was sitting near 8 at 5Dimes.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4-3.8 result in favor of the Cardinals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals sport a record of 75-67 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago Cubs sit at 91-51 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Chicago injuries news.
The St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs odds would favor the Cubs if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. St. Louis is rated No. 18 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Chicago is at No. 6.
At the plate, St. Louis owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.8 per game. By contrast, the Chicago Cubs are rated No. 18 in the same category at 8.64 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 2-rated road mark, allowing 3.87 runs per game on the highway. St. Louis, on the other hand, rates No. 18 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cubs enjoyed a 9-5 victory at the expense of the Astros on Sunday, with J Arrieta throwing 5.1 innings of 4-hit ball at Minute Maid Park.
St. Louis didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 2-1 to Milwaukee on Sunday at Busch Stadium.
- Chi Cubs is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- Chi Cubs is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- St. Louis is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- St. Louis is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at St. Louis, Tuesday, September 13th