The Chicago Cubs have history on their side as they continue a three-game set with the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium Tuesday. The road team is 8-2 in the past 10 matchups between the Cubs and Cardinals, including the Cubbies winning 4-1 in the series opener Monday.
- The Cubs are 1-7 in Jason Hammel’s past 8 road starts.
- The Cardinals are 6-1 in their past 7 games coming off consecutive losses.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Cardinals’ past 7 games as underdogs.
Jason Hammel is familiar with the Cardinals’ lineup, as the righty has already faced the club three times this season. Hammel is 2-1 with a 2.84 ERA and a 1.00 WHIP in his outings against the Cards this year.
The Cardinals will start Jaime Garcia in hopes that he can rectify his recent struggles. Garcia has posted an 8.06 ERA across his past five starts while allowing opponents to hit .330 at the plate.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the St. Louis Cardinals in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 115 at BetOnline for Tuesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8.5 at Bovada.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 3.8-2.7 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
75-68 St. Louis battles the Cubs, currently with a 92-51 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Chicago injuries news.
This game puts the St. Louis Cardinals, most recently No. 18 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Chicago Cubs, who rate a No. 6 in the latest survey.
Offensively, the game matches up St. Louis Cardinals No. 5 ranked offense (4.88 runs per game) against a Chicago Cubs defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 1 at 3.38 runs allowed per game. The St. Louis Cardinals have been averaging 8.75 hits per game, more than the Chicago Cubs have managed so far this season (8.63 hits on average).
Defensively, Chicago features the No. 2-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.83 runs per game. St. Louis, meanwhile, comes in at No. 19 at home, scoring 4.32 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago got the job done in their last match in a 4-1 victory over St. Louis on Monday at Busch Stadium behind starter K Hendricks.
- Chi Cubs is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
- Chi Cubs is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- St. Louis is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at St. Louis, Wednesday, September 14th