The best team in baseball continues its dominance on Saturday when the Chicago Cubs tangle with the NL West-leading L.A. Dodgers in the Golden State.
- The Cubs are 6-1 in Hammel’s last 7 starts.
- The Dodgers are 5-0 in Urias’ last 5 home starts.
- The UNDER is 10-2 in the last 12 meetings.
Jason Hammel and Julio Urias will get the nod. Hammel’s six-start winning streak ended against Colorado in his last outing when he gave up 10 runs and 10 hits in 3 1/3 innings. Uriah was announced as the starter on Friday and the phenom is making his 12th big-league start. Urias blanked the Cincinnati Reds in his last outing, giving up six hits over six innings to win his fourth consecutive decision.
The Dodgers are cashing tickets with ease when the 20-year-old takes the mound. In the Dodgers’ last seven games behind Urias, they’re a perfect 7-0.
Chicago Cubs vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Dodgers bring a 71-57 record to the battle against the 82-45 Cubs. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 13 (Los Angeles Dodgers) and the No. 3 (Chicago Cubs) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
At the plate, Los Angeles owns the No. 19 ranking for hits at 8.59 per game. By contrast, the Chicago Cubs are rated No. 15 in the same category at 8.8 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Los Angeles has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Cubs own the No. 1 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago needed extra innings to get the job done against the Dodgers on Friday as the Cubs defeated them 6-4 at Dodger Stadium.
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of LA Dodgers’s last 18 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Los Angeles, Sunday, August 28th