Two of the top teams in the NL continue their four-game set when the New York Mets and Chicago Cubs clash Friday. The Mets extended their winning streak against the Cubs to five games with a 4-3 victory over the Cubbies Thursday.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Cubs past seven games.
- The Mets have covered the runline just twice in their past 13 games.
- The Mets are batting just .204 with runners in scoring position this season.
Jason Hammel has remained his usual consistent self lately, but the Cubs’ bats have been unable to give him any support. Hammel has allowed 10 runs in his past four starts, but the Cubs have plated just nine runs in those outings.
If there is one pitcher that can sympathize with Hammel, it is Jacob deGrom – who starts for the Mets Friday. The Mets have not scored a run in deGrom’s past 21 innings on the mound and have scored just two in his past 35 innings.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the New York Mets in this matchup found them as -119 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 7.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 6.4-2.5 win for the Cubs on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (41-37) will face the 51-27 Cubs in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 21 (New York Mets) and the No. 6 (Chicago Cubs) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 28-rated offensive output, at 7.71 hits per game. The Chicago Cubs average 8.64 hits per game, good for No. 16 on the list.
Chicago brings the No. 1-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Mets’s No. 3-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cubs endured a 4-3 loss at the hands of the Mets on Thursday, with J Lackey throwing 6.1 innings of 5-hit ball at Citi Field.
- Chi Cubs is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 7 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
- NY Mets is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games
- NY Mets is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- NY Mets is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at New York, Saturday, July 2nd