The UNDER hasn’t paid out at the online sportsbooks in any of Jeff Locke’s last four starts against the Chicago Cubs as the lefthander takes the ball for the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday in baseball odds action between division rivals.
Locke is 6-6 with a 4.21 ERA on the season, and in his career against the Cubs he’s 1-2 with a 5.75 ERA over eight outings. Dan Haren (7-7, 3.42 ERA) will be making his debut as a member of the Cubs when he takes the hill on Wednesday.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Pittsburgh Pirates as -119 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Cubs to win this game 4.1-4. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Pittsburgh (61-44) will face the 58-47 Cubs in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Chicago injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 21-ranked Pittsburgh Pirates and the No. 18-rated Chicago Cubs in this matchup.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Pittsburgh has baseball’s No. 17-rated offensive output, at 8.83 hits per game. The Chicago Cubs average 8.09 hits per game, good for No. 28 on the list.
Pittsburgh owns the No. 4 defense, allowing 4.09 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Chicago’s No. 7-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
J Arrieta silenced the Pirates bats in a 5-0 victory last time out versus Pittsburgh at PNC Park.
- Chi Cubs is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Pittsburgh is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to San Francisco, Thursday, August 6th
Pittsburgh home to Los Angeles, Friday, August 7th