The Chicago Cubs can’t get enough of Great American Ball Park. The Cubbies, who take on the Reds in Cincinnati on Tuesday, have scored 49 runs in five games there this season.
- The Cubs are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games against the Reds.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Reds’ last eight games against teams with winning records.
- The Reds are 1-5 SU and ATS in their last six games.
Jon Lester and John Lamb are slated to get the ball for the Cubs and Reds, respectively. Lester (9-3, 2.10 ERA) is 2-0 with a 3.38 ERA in six starts against the Reds over the past two seasons.
Lamb (1-4, 4.78) is winless in his last four starts and has failed to get through six innings in his last three. The 25-year-old faced Chicago once last year and gave up five runs in 4.5 innings.
The OVER is red-hot when the Cubs and Reds collide. In the last 11 matchups between the squads, the OVER is 10-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Cincinnati was a 245 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.5.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Cubs to win this game 4.8-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Cincinnati Reds Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cincinnati Reds bring a 29-48 record to the battle against the 49-26 Cubs. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cincinnati vs Chicago injuries news.
The Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs odds would favor the Cubs if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Cincinnati is rated No. 26 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Chicago is at No. 10.
The game also pits Cincinnati Reds No. 16-rated offense, averaging 4.31 runs per game, against a Chicago Cubs defense that ranks No. 1 at 3.17 in runs allowed per game. The Cincinnati Reds have averaged 7.87 hits per game so far, less than Chicago Cubs batters have averaged on the year (8.59 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 1-rated road mark, allowing 3.38 runs per game on the highway. Cincinnati, on the other hand, rates No. 15 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago rolled to a 11-8 win against Cincinnati on Monday, as J Arrieta and the Cubs’ bats led the team to victory at Great American Ball Park.
- Chi Cubs is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Chi Cubs is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Cincinnati, Wednesday, June 29th