The Cincinnati Reds have lost their past 10 games and will look to avoid their longest losing streak in 17 years when they host the Chicago Cubs Wednesday.
- The Cubs are 14-6 in their last 20 against the Reds.
- The total has gone OVER in five of the Reds last six at home.
- Cubs Addison Russell is batting .333 with three RBIs against Anthony DeSclafani this season.
The Reds past 10 games have been embarrassing for Cincy fans as the team has lost by more than two runs eight times. The average scoring margin through this Reds’ slump is -4.5 runs per game.
The Cubs will be starting Jon Lester while they try to catch the Pittsburgh Pirates for the top NL Wild Card spot. Lester has faced the Reds three times this season and has posted a 4.74 ERA, which is his highest against any team he has faced three or more times this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of 139 for the Cincinnati Reds in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 7.5 at 5Dimes.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 0.2- victory for the Reds. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Cincinnati Reds Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cincinnati Reds sport a record of 63-94 heading into this matchup, while the Chicago Cubs sit at 92-65 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cincinnati vs Chicago injuries news.
The Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs odds would favor the Cubs if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Cincinnati is rated No. 30 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Chicago is at No. 3.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Chicago Cubs rank No. 29 at 8.21 hits per game. That compares with the Cincinnati Reds No. 17 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 3-rated road mark, allowing 3.87 runs per game on the highway. Cincinnati, on the other hand, rates No. 15 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Reds, a 4-1 final on Tuesday in support of D Haren at Great American Ball Park.
- Chi Cubs is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games when playing Cincinnati
- Cincinnati is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games
- Cincinnati is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Cincinnati, Thursday, October 1st