Two teams that are trending in opposite directions are set to square off on Monday when the Chicago Cubs tangle with the White Sox in a Windy City showdown at U.S. Cellular Field.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the White Sox’ last five games with a closing total of 8.5 or less.
- The total has gone UNDER in five of the Cubs’ last six games with a closing total of 8.5 or less.
- The White Sox are 5-2 SU in their last seven games against teams with winning records.
Jake Arrieta and Miguel Gonzalez are slated to take the bump. Arrieta (12-4, 2.60 ERA) is 3-1 with a 3.82 ERA in six career starts against the White Sox, including a pair of victories last season. Gonzalez (2-5, 4.41) has posted four straight quality starts yet owns just one win over his last seven outings.
Home field advantage has been non-existent in this series. In the last 11 meetings between the White Sox and Cubbies, visiting teams are 8-3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of 180 for the Chicago White Sox in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 8 at 5Dimes.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.8-3.6 win for the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
48-50 Chicago battles the Cubs, currently with a 59-38 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Chicago injuries news.
The Chicago White Sox sit at No. 23 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Chicago Cubs sit at No. 20 on the same chart.
Offensively, the game matches up Chicago White Sox No. 24 ranked offense (4.06 runs per game) against a Chicago Cubs defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 1 at 3.55 runs allowed per game. The Chicago White Sox have been averaging 8.51 hits per game, less than the Chicago Cubs have managed so far this season (8.63 hits on average).
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 7-rated road mark, allowing 4.04 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 23 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Cubs enjoyed a 6-5 victory at the expense of the Brewers on Sunday, with J Lester throwing 1 innings of 1-hit ball at Miller Park.
Chicago got the job done in their last match in a 5-4 victory over Detroit on Sunday at U.S. Cellular Field behind starter J Quintana.
- Chi Cubs is 6-14 ATS in its last 20 games
- Chi Cubs is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chi Cubs’s last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Chi White Sox is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games
- Chi White Sox is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Chi White Sox is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Chicago, Tuesday, July 26th