The White Sox took the first game in the Chicago Showdown in a surprising upset of Cubs ace Jake Arrieta last night and the South Siders will be underdogs yet again tonight as they send James Shields (4-12, 4.99 ERA) to the bump to face Kyle Hendricks (9-6, 2.27 ERA).
- The Cubs are 6-0 in their last 6 games with Kyle Hendricks as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of the Cubs’ last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in the White Sox’ last 6 games after winning as an underdog.
“Big Game” James had a rough introduction with the White Sox but since the end of June has actually been really good. Shields has not allowed more than two runs in a start since June 23 and has posted five straight quality starts.
Hendricks has been absolutely lights out for well over a month now and is yet to allow an earned run in three July starts at Wrigley. He has not been quite as efficient on the road, though, in eight road starts Hendricks has posted a 3.63 ERA and has only come away with two wins.
The Cubs are a tough team to bet against but I think the trends give the White Sox moneyline a ton of value.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Chicago White Sox in this matchup found them as 140 underdogs on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.6-3.4 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Chicago Cubs vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago White Sox bring a 49-50 record to the battle against the 59-39 Cubs. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Chicago injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 23 (Chicago White Sox) and the No. 20 (Chicago Cubs) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Chicago has baseball’s No. 24-rated offensive output, at 8.51 hits per game. The Chicago Cubs average 8.66 hits per game, good for No. 15 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, Chicago owns the No. 7-rated road mark, allowing 4.06 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 23 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Chicago looks to rebound from a loss to the White Sox, who beat them 5-4 on Monday behind a start from M Gonzalez at U.S. Cellular Field.
- Chi Cubs is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chi Cubs’s last 10 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chi White Sox is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games
- Chi White Sox is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 7 games when playing at home against Chi Cubs
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago home to Chicago, Wednesday, July 27th