Upset-minded Davidson will travel to Chapel Hill to take on a UNC squad who has yet to lose at home this season. Aside from the obvious struggles that are present playing a powerhouse Tar Heels team, Davidson has always struggled against the ACC losing their past 14 against the conference.
– Shark Bites
- Davidson is 0-7 SU and 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against UNC.
- UNC is 14-2 SU in their last 16 games against teams with winning records.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Davidson’s last 16 games as underdog.
UNC will be without guard Joel Berry II, who injured his ankle against Radford Sunday. Filling the void Berry leaves won’t be easy, as the junior leads the team in assists and steals while sitting second in points, but the Tar Heels have plenty of offensive options. Justin Jackson, Isaiah Hicks and Kennedy Meeks are all averaging over 13.0 points per game while shooting a combined 55.5 percent from the floor.
Jack Gibbs and Peyton Aldridge form a potent offensive duo for Davidson, as they are both averaging over 19.0 points per game. Secondary scoring hasn’t exactly been there for Davidson though, as Gibbs and Aldridge have accounted for over 65 percent of the team’s scoring.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Davidson Wildcats opened as 15-point underdogs in this one at most sportsbooks tracked at Odds – Shark , including MyBookie. The total was set to open a bit later (check out Bovada for the latest situation).
Davidson Wildcats vs North Carolina Tar Heels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This college basketball season, the North Carolina Tar Heels are 8-1 overall and 6-3 ATS, while the Davidson Wildcats are 5-2 and 4-3 ATS. As for the betting totals, North Carolina boasts a 3-6 on the OU, and Davidson is 3-4.
According to new college basketball power rankings here at Odds – Shark , it’s the No. 4-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels and the No. 53-rated Davidson Wildcats in this matchup.
In the paint, the rebound battle will feature North Carolina’s No. 6-rated squad against Davidson’s No. 48-rated roster. And in long-range shooting, North Carolina rates No. 170 in the country with 6.89 per game, while their foes tonight, the Davidson Wildcats rank No. 31 nationally with 9.57 per match.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Davidson is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Davidson is 6-12 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- Davidson is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing North Carolina
- Davidson is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing North Carolina
- North Carolina is 18-2 SU in its last 20 games
- North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- North Carolina is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Davidson
- North Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Davidson
Next Betting Matchups
Davidson at Kansas, Saturday, December 17th
North Carolina at Tennessee, Sunday, December 11th