If NHL goals are what get you up in the morning, you may not want to tune into the Devils-Canadiens matchup tonight – it could be a snoozer. The stingy pair of Carey Price and Cory Schneider are in line for the starts for their respective teams and two of Montreal’s top point producers were just placed on the injured reserve.
– Shark BITES
- The Devils are 10-4 in their last 14 games on the road against the Canadiens.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the Canadiens’ last 7 games at home against teams with losing records.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the Devils’ last 7 games.
The series between these teams has see-sawed up and down of late but the Canadiens have been borderline unbeatable (12-1-1) within the walls of the Bell Centre and the Devils have been awful on the road.
One of the best bets in the NHL this year has been the Devils’ puckline. Although they aren’t blowing any doors off in terms of value, their 75 percent cash rate on the puckline is by far the best. In what is sure to be a low-scoring affair, a Devils’ +1.5 bet seems like a virtual lock.
The only wrench here is that the total has gone OVER or pushed in the Devils’ last seven games. Don’t worry too much, though, during that streak NJ played four teams that are top ten in five-on-five scoring.
New Jersey Devils vs Montreal Canadiens Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
17-6-3 Montreal battles the Devils, currently with a 12-7-6 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 8-11-7 for the Canadiens and 9-8-8 for the Devils. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Montreal vs New Jersey injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 7 (Montreal Canadiens) and the No. 21 (New Jersey Devils) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
Offensively, the game matches up the Montreal Canadiens No. 8-ranked offense (2.92 goals per game) against a New Jersey Devils defense that ranks No. 17 at 2.72 goals per game allowed. The Canadiens powerplay has clicked at a 21.18% rate while the Devils have a 86.08% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New Jersey won its last outing, a 3-2 result against the Canucks on December 06. Bettors who backed the Devils at -180 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (5) sent PUSH bettors to the payout window.
The Canadiens were a 3-2 loser in their most recent outing on the road against the Blues. That made winners of bettors who got St. Louis at -174 on the moneyline, while the total score (5) was good news for OVER bettors.
- New Jersey is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- New Jersey is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of New Jersey’s last 7 games
- New Jersey is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Montreal is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Montreal is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal’s last 6 games
- Montreal is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New Jersey home to St. Louis, Friday, December 9th
Montreal home to Colorado, Saturday, December 10th