A battle of two of MLB’s weaker teams is scheduled for Thursday, as the underwhelming Arizona Diamondbacks square off with the Milwaukee Brewers in Wisconsin.
- The Brewers are 3-1 SU in their last 4 games after a loss.
- The Diamondbacks are 2-6 O/U in their last 8 games on the road after a win on the road.
- The Brewers are 10-4 in their last 14 games as a moneyline favorite of -135 or less.
Zach Davies and Robbie Ray are slated to take the hill. Davies (7-4, 3.64 ERA) has gone 7-1 with a 2.84 ERA since May 4, a stretch spanning 14 starts. Ray (5-9, 4.53) has struck out five or more batters in 19 consecutive starts, which is tied for the longest streak in the big leagues.
Despite those numbers, the Diamondbacks simply aren’t getting the job done behind Ray. In their last six outings with Ray on the bump, Arizona is a measly 1-5.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Arizona Diamondbacks listed as underdogs of 124 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 9, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.2-4.0 win for the Brewers on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Milwaukee Brewers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Milwaukee Brewers bring a 43-56 record to the battle against the 42-59 Diamondbacks. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Milwaukee vs Arizona injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Milwaukee Brewers at No. 24 and the Arizona Diamondbacks at No. 29 heading into this contest.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Milwaukee Brewers No. 24-ranked scoring average of 4.03 runs per game, against a Arizona Diamondbacks offense rated No. 17 and scoring 4.44 runs per game. The Brewers have averaged 8.05 hits per game to date this season, less than the Diamondbacks hitters have managed (9.25 per nine innings).
Defensively, Arizona features the No. 16-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.53 runs per game. Milwaukee, meanwhile, comes in at No. 20 at home, scoring 4.29 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Arizona rolled to a 8-1 win against Milwaukee on Wednesday, as A Bradley and the Diamondbacks’ bats led the team to victory at Miller Park.
- Arizona is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Arizona is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games
- Arizona is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- Arizona is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Milwaukee is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Milwaukee’s last 6 games when playing Arizona
- Milwaukee is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Arizona
Next Betting Matchups
Arizona at Los Angeles, Friday, July 29th
Milwaukee home to Pittsburgh, Friday, July 29th