The Arizona Diamondbacks have not been a particularly good baseball team this season and their recent inability to string together victories implies that their losing ways are not likely to end. The D-backs are 0-7 in their past seven games following a win while being outscored 57-23 in those outings. Arizona tries to win two in a row when they visit the San Francisco Giants Tuesday.
- Johnny Cueto is 8-2 with a 2.93 ERA in 11 career starts against the Diamondbacks.
- Zack Greinke is 8-1 with a 2.41 ERA in 12 career starts against the Giants.
- The UNDER is 20-8 in the past 28 games between the Diamondbacks and the Giants.
Zack Greinke is currently suffering through one of the worst months of his career. Greinke has posted a 7.84 ERA while allowing opponents to bat .333 across his four starts in August so far. This poor play was highlighted by an outing against the Boston Red Sox in which he lasted just 1.2 innings while giving up 10 hits and nine runs.
Johnny Cueto has pitched well at AT&T Park this season, as the righty has posted a 2.63 ERA in his 12 home starts. Though Cueto has been giving up plenty of contact he has held batters to a .200 average in their last 35 at-bats with runners in scoring position.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, San Francisco sat as -152 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 6.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Giants to win this game 6.4-2.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 71-59 heading into this matchup, while the Arizona Diamondbacks sit at 55-76 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Arizona injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 9-rated San Francisco Giants and the league No. 23-ranked Arizona Diamondbacks, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 16-rated offensive output, at 8.99 hits per game. The Arizona Diamondbacks average 9.24 hits per game, good for No. 4 on the list.
Defensively, Arizona features the No. 25-rated defense on the road, allowing 5 runs per game. San Francisco, meanwhile, comes in at No. 12 at home, scoring 4.62 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Diamondbacks enjoyed a 11-2 victory at the expense of the Reds on Sunday, with A Bradley throwing 6 innings of 5-hit ball at Chase Field.
The Giants grabbed a win last time out, defeating Aaron Blair and the Braves 13-4 on Sunday at AT&T Park.
- Arizona is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Arizona’s last 15 games
- Arizona is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Arizona is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 12 games at home
- San Francisco is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Arizona
Next Betting Matchups
Arizona at San Francisco, Wednesday, August 31st