The New York Mets will try to avoid a three-game sweep against a last-place squad when they play host to the Arizona Diamondbacks in the Big Apple Thursday.
- The Mets are 3-11 SU in their last 14 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Diamondbacks’ last eight games on the road against the Mets.
- The Diamondbacks are 5-12 SU in their last 17 games against teams with winning records.
Braden Shipley and Noah Syndergaard are the probable starters. Shipley (1-1, 4.15 ERA) is making his fourth career MLB start and will be looking for his third consecutive quality start. The 24-year-old has surrendered a total of two runs and nine hits in 12 innings over his last two appearances.
Syndergaard (9-6, 2.64) hasn’t gotten much run support from the Mets’ struggling offense and is winless in his last five outings as a result. Syndergaard is 0-3 over that span despite owning a respectable 3.49 ERA.
National League West opponents have absolutely dominated New York lately when it comes to cashing run line bets. The Mets are 1-13 ATS in their last 14 against the division.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the New York Mets as -222 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 7 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.2-4.0 win for the Diamondbacks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
57-56 New York battles the Diamondbacks, currently with a 47-66 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Arizona injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Mets rated this week at No. 24 and the Arizona Diamondbacks sitting at No. 30.
On offense, it’s a battle between the New York Mets and its No. 29-rated batting order, averaging 3.7 runs per nine innings, against the No. 17 line up of the Arizona Diamondbacks at 4.42 runs per outing.
Arizona brings the No. 29-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Mets’s No. 3-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Arizona needed extra innings to get the job done against the Mets on Wednesday as the Diamondbacks defeated them 3-2 at Citi Field.
- Arizona is 5-15 ATS in its last 20 games
- Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Arizona’s last 9 games
- Arizona is 4-13 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- NY Mets is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Mets is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- NY Mets is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Arizona at Boston, Friday, August 12th
New York home to San Diego, Friday, August 12th