The Boston Red Sox are in a battle within the AL East, but a weekend series with the Arizona Diamondbacks may help them make up ground in the competitive division. The BoSox have taken eight of the past nine games against the D-backs including a 9-4 win in the series opener Friday.
- The Diamondbacks are 6-16 against the runline in their past 22 games.
- The UNDER is 11-5 in the Red Sox’ past 16 games.
- Jean Segura is hitting .367 during his current six-game hitting streak.
Clay Buchholz will be making his first start since being sent to the bullpen on July 2. The veteran has been pitching well in the pen – he has a 3.20 ERA as a reliever this season – but has a dreadful 6.31 ERA as a starter.
Archie Bradley will happily take the bump at Fenway, as he has performed much better on the road compared to home this season. Bradley has posted a 3.38 ERA while only surrendering two home runs on the road but has a 6.25 ERA with 10 home runs in Arizona.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Boston Red Sox in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -183 at BetOnline for Saturday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 10 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.9-3.7 win for the Diamondbacks on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
62-52 Boston battles the Diamondbacks, currently with a 48-67 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Arizona injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 21 (Boston Red Sox) and the No. 30 (Arizona Diamondbacks) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Arizona Diamondbacks rank No. 5 at 9.18 hits per game. That compares with the Boston Red Sox No. 1 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Arizona owns the No. 22-rated road mark, allowing 4.68 runs per game on the highway. Boston, on the other hand, rates No. 3 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Diamondbacks endured a 9-4 loss at the hands of the Red Sox on Friday, with P Corbin throwing 1.2 innings of 9-hit ball at Fenway Park.
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 6-16 ATS in its last 22 games
- Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 6 games
- Boston is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston’s last 16 games
- Boston is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Arizona at Boston, Sunday, August 14th