Though they picked up a win against in St. Louis Saturday, that was certainly the outlier for a Los Angeles Dodgers team that has lost 10 of their past 13 games at Busch Stadium. The series rubber match between the Dodgers and Cardinals will take place Sunday night.
- Mike Mayers is just the sixth pitcher to get the start for the Cardinals this season.
- The OVER 5-1 in the Dodgers’ past six games.
- The Cardinals are 7-16 against the runline in their past 23 games at home.
Scott Kazmir is coming off one of his best outings of the season in which he threw seven innings of one-run ball against the Washington Nationals Tuesday. The veteran left-hander has been having his best month of the season, as he has a 2.25 ERA while registering 23 strikeouts and just three walks in July.
Mike Mayers will get the spot start for the Cardinals, which will be his major league debut. The right-hander has posted a solid 2.52 ERA in 18 starts split between Double-A and Triple-A this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Dodgers were listed as -115 favorites on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 8.5 before betting started earlier on Sunday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.9-3.8 win for the Dodgers on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (52-45) will face the 55-44 Dodgers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Los Angeles injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 3-ranked St. Louis Cardinals and the No. 6-rated Los Angeles Dodgers in this matchup.
The game also pits St. Louis Cardinals No. 3-rated offense, averaging 5.13 runs per game, against a Los Angeles Dodgers defense that ranks No. 4 at 3.69 in runs allowed per game. The St. Louis Cardinals have averaged 8.95 hits per game so far, more than Los Angeles Dodgers batters have averaged on the year (8.33 hits per game).
St. Louis owns the No. 8 defense, allowing 5.13 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 4-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles got the job done in their last match in a 7-2 victory over St. Louis on Saturday at Busch Stadium behind starter Kenta Maeda.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of LA Dodgers’s last 15 games when playing St. Louis
- LA Dodgers is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 7-16 ATS in its last 23 games at home
- St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of St. Louis’s last 23 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles home to Tampa Bay, Tuesday, July 26th
St. Louis at New York, Monday, July 25th