Meeting for the first time since Game 6 of the National League Championship Series, the Cubs and Dodgers match up on Monday with Jon Lester (1.80 ERA, 1.80 WHIP) in line to get his second start of the season in Chicago’s home opener. His counterpart, Alex Wood, will be starting for the first time in 2017 after pitching two innings of hitless baseball in a relief appearance during opening week.
– Shark BITES
- Alex Wood was 0-4 with a 5.73 ERA in 6 road starts in 2016.
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of the Dodgers’ last 20 games against the Cubs.
- The Dodgers are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road against the Cubs.
Both clubs have gotten their 2017 campaigns off to winning starts but expect the Cubs to be the favorites in every game this series. Tonight’s game will be the first at Wrigley Park since the Cubs’ World Series win and when you consider that Lester hasn’t dropped a decision to the Dodgers since August of 2015, the reigning champs have a good chance to begin their home slate unbeaten.
As for Wood, he could get beaten up. The 26-year-old lefty has never really been good on the road and he’ll be thrown into the first against a Cubs team that’s scored six or more runs in three of its last four games.
All three of those games, the Cubs cashed the runline so if you’re thinking about backing them to win this evening, you might want to consider the -1.5 line for a little more value.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (4-2) will face the 4-3 Dodgers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs sit at No. 1 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at No. 5 on the same chart.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- LA Dodgers is 7-18 ATS in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Chicago, Wednesday, April 12th