The UNDER has only paid out for totals bettors in two of the last 10 games between the Chicago Cubs and the Los Angeles Dodgers as those two teams meet for the first time this season in baseball odds action at the sportsbooks on Monday.
Tsuyoshi Wada (1-1, 3.68) is the probable starter for the Cubs on Monday, with the lefthander coming off a win over the Indians in which he threw seven shutout innings. Clayton Kershaw (5-4, 3.29 ERA) is the Dodgers’ probable pitcher.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.5-4 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (37-30) will face the 39-31 Dodgers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 4 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 17 heading into this contest.
The game also pits Chicago Cubs No. 13-rated offense, averaging 4.24 runs per game, against a Los Angeles Dodgers defense that ranks No. 4 at 3.53 in runs allowed per game. The Chicago Cubs have averaged 8.48 hits per game so far, less than Los Angeles Dodgers batters have averaged on the year (8.51 hits per game).
Defensively, Los Angeles features the No. 5-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.83 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 27 at home, scoring 3.35 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers enjoyed a 10-2 victory at the expense of the Giants on Sunday, with Brett Anderson throwing 6 innings of 5-hit ball at Dodger Stadium.
The Cubs didn’t allow a single run in their last start, as their staff shut out Minnesota 8-0 on Sunday at Target Field.
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games when playing Chi Cubs
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chi Cubs’s last 12 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 4-13 SU in its last 17 games when playing LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Chicago, Tuesday, June 23rd