The Arizona Diamondbacks’ bats have been incredibly hot lately, as they’re scored 41 runs during their current four-game winning streak. They’ll look to continue that onslaught Friday against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the second tilt of their four-game series.
- The Diamondbacks are 5-2 SU in their last seven games at home with Zack Greinke as the starting pitcher.
- The Dodgers are 5-1 SU and ATS in their last six games against their division.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Dodgers’ last nine games as favorite.
Kenta Maeda and Zach Greinke will get the nod. Maeda (14-9, 3.28 ERA) defeated Arizona in his last start, when he struck out eight and gave up one run and three hits in 6 1/3 frames to improve to 2-1 with a 3.18 ERA in five starts against the D-backs.
Greinke (12-6, 4.54) is 1-1 with a 7.71 ERA against his ex-teammates this season and 3-1 with a 4.17 ERA in six career starts versus the Dodgers. Greinke lost to Miami in his last turn as he allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings.
Home-field advantage has been huge in this series. Visiting clubs are 0-5 SU and ATS in the last five meetings between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Dodgers were listed as -129 favorites on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 9 before betting started earlier on Friday over at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.7-4.1 victory for the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Arizona Diamondbacks bring a 62-84 record to the battle against the 82-64 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Arizona Diamondbacks at No. 25 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 13 heading into this contest.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Arizona Diamondbacks No. 11-ranked scoring average of 4.71 runs per game, against a Los Angeles Dodgers offense rated No. 16 and scoring 4.43 runs per game. The Diamondbacks have averaged 9.29 hits per game to date this season, more than the Dodgers hitters have managed (8.46 per nine innings).
Los Angeles brings the No. 4-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Diamondbacks’s No. 30-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers were saddled with a loss last time out in R Hill’s start, as they lost 7-3 against Arizona on Thursday at Chase Field.
- LA Dodgers is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games
- LA Dodgers is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of LA Dodgers’s last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games on the road
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Arizona is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 7 games
- Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Arizona, Saturday, September 17th