The combination of great pitching and mediocre hitting has made the Los Angeles Dodgers a constant threat to go UNDER. The Dodgers and their foes have averaged a combined 6.1 runs per game in the past 12 games, with the UNDER going 10-2 in that span. LA continues a weekend series with the San Francisco Giants Saturday.
– Shark Bites
- The Giants are 11-4 in their past 15 games hosting the Dodgers.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the past seven meetings between the Dodgers and Giants.
- Brandon Belt is 5-for-10 with three home runs lifetime against Scott Kazmir.
Though he has rarely faced them in his career, Scott Kazmir has struggled against the Giants. The leftie started four games against the Giants totalling 20.2 innings pitched while allowing 24 hits and 13 runs.
Jeff Samardzija – who gets the start for the Giants – enters the game coming off his worst two-game stretch of the season. The – Shark pitched just 5.0 innings in each of his past two outings while allowing a combined 15 hits and 11 runs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the San Francisco Giants in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -128 at BetOnline for Saturday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 7.5 at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.4-2.6 win for the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
36-26 San Francisco battles the Dodgers, currently with a 33-29 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the San Francisco Giants rated this week at No. 7 and the Los Angeles Dodgers sitting at No. 4.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 14-rated offensive output, at 8.5 hits per game. The Los Angeles Dodgers average 7.76 hits per game, good for No. 29 on the list.
Defensively, Los Angeles features the No. 12-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.19 runs per game. San Francisco, meanwhile, comes in at No. 18 at home, scoring 4.07 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
C Kershaw blew away 13 San Francisco batters in the Dodgers’s last start, leading them to a 3-2 win over San Francisco on Friday at AT&T Park.
- LA Dodgers is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
- San Francisco is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at San Francisco, Sunday, June 12th
Tagged with: feature