With the MLB season entering its final weekend, the Giants will try to hang on to a playoff position as they enter this series with the Dodgers with a one-game lead over the Cardinals for the second wild-card spot. There’s nothing LA would like more than to destroy San Fran’s playoff hopes, but they’ve struggled in the Bay lately, winning just four of their last 17 road games vs the Giants.
- The Dodgers are 4-13 in their last 17 games on the road against the Giants.
- The Giants are 1-6 in their last seven games at home after a win at home.
- Enrique Hernandez is 11-for-22 in his career vs Madison Bumgarner with 3 home runs.
The Giants are sending their best man to the mound with Madison Bumgarner, who’ll be looking for his first win of the season vs the Dodgers. He’s faced them four times and has posted a 3.91 ERA. The Giants’ ace was much more effective in the first half as he went 10-4 with a 1.94 ERA. Post all-star break, he’s gone 4-5 with a 3.81 ERA, but the Giants have won three of his last four starts at home.
The Dodgers opened the day as +108 — not great value considering their recent record in San Francisco. Rich Hill will be tasked with shutting down the Giants, which is something he’s been fairly effective at in two starts against them since late August. In 11 innings of work against them, he’s allowed just one run while racking up 10 strikeouts.
The total for the game opened at a minuscule six runs, easily the lowest mark of the day. These teams have gone UNDER in four of their last five games against each other, and they’ve combined for less than six runs in seven of their last 10 matchups.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Dodgers were listed as 120 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 6.5 before betting started earlier on Friday over at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.7-4.2 win for the Dodgers on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Francisco (84-75) will face the 91-68 Dodgers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the San Francisco Giants at No. 6 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 3 heading into this contest.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Los Angeles Dodgers rank No. 21 at 8.55 hits per game. That compares with the San Francisco Giants No. 12 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Los Angeles owns the No. 15-rated road mark, allowing 4.59 runs per game on the highway. San Francisco, on the other hand, rates No. 13 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Padres, a 9-4 final on Thursday in support of Julio Urias at PETCO Park.
J Cueto blew away 11 Colorado batters in the Giants’s last start, leading them to a 7-2 win over Colorado on Thursday at AT&T Park.
- LA Dodgers is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
- San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing LA Dodgers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at San Francisco, Saturday, October 1st