Two of the game’s best hurlers take the bump Tuesday as Clayton Kershaw and Madison Bumgarner tangle once again when the Los Angeles Dodgers invade AT&T Park for a date with the San Francisco Giants.
- The only two Giants who have homered off Kershaw are Buster Posey and Bumgarner
- The Giants are a perfect 7-0 against the Dodgers at home this season
- Justin Turner has a .226 batting average against Bumgarner in his career
Both pitchers have unsurprisingly been lights out this season but are especially hot since the All-Star break. Kershaw is 9-1 since the Midsummer Classic with a sparkling 1.48 ERA, while “MadBum” sports a 9-3 record with a 2.31 ERA.
Los Angeles’ magic number is two to capture the NL West but they’ve been ice cold lately, dropping eight of their least 10 games heading into the contest. San Francisco will have their work cut out for them, as the reigning World Series champs sit five games back of the wild card with only six contests remaining.
Historically speaking, the Dodgers have had Bumgarner’s number over the stretch of his career. The 26-year-old is 6-13 lifetime vs. L.A.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Giants to win this game 4.9-4.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
81-74 San Francisco battles the Dodgers, currently with a 87-68 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the San Francisco Giants rated this week at No. 4 and the Los Angeles Dodgers sitting at No. 15.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the San Francisco Giants No. 10-ranked scoring average of 4.36 runs per game, against a Los Angeles Dodgers offense rated No. 20 and scoring 4.12 runs per game. The Giants have averaged 9.26 hits per game to date this season, more than the Dodgers hitters have managed (8.35 per nine innings).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and San Francisco has the No. 6-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Dodgers own the No. 3 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against San Francisco on Monday; it was a 3-2 final at AT&T Park in MLB wagering action.
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- LA Dodgers is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games at home
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at San Francisco, Wednesday, September 30th