The Los Angeles Dodgers have had little problem when facing the Washington Nationals, as LA has won the past five contests between the clubs. The Nats’s hitters have been completely shut down in those games with the team plating a combined six runs – which includes being shutout twice.
- Daniel Murphy is expected to return to the Nationals lineup after resting with a hamstring injury.
- The UNDER is 5-0 in the past five games between the Dodgers and Nationals.
- The UNDER is 6-0 in the Nationals’ past six games.
Scott Kazmir will take to the mound coming off 10-days rest thanks to the All-Star Break. The lefty has been inconsistent so far this season but has particularly faltered on the road with a 5.40 ERA away from Dodgers Stadium.
Reynaldo Lopez – one of the highest-rated pitching prospects in the Nationals’ system –will be making his first career start in the majors Tuesday. Lopez has posted a 3.19 ERA with a 109/31 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 16 starts between Double-A and Triple-A this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers were 102 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 9 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Dodgers to win this game 4.9-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Washington (56-37) will face the 52-42 Dodgers in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Los Angeles injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 2-ranked Washington Nationals and the No. 8-rated Los Angeles Dodgers in this matchup.
At the plate, Washington owns the No. 19 ranking for hits at 8.51 per game. By contrast, the Los Angeles Dodgers are rated No. 24 in the same category at 8.22 per game.
Defensively, Los Angeles features the No. 9-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.26 runs per game. Washington, meanwhile, comes in at No. 15 at home, scoring 4.49 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers endured a 6-5 loss at the hands of the Diamondbacks on Sunday, with Kenta Maeda throwing 4.1 innings of 7-hit ball at Chase Field.
The Nationals got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Pittsburgh on Sunday; it was a 2-1 final at Nationals Park in MLB wagering action.
- LA Dodgers is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 8 games on the road
- Washington is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Washington, Wednesday, July 20th