The Los Angeles Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates kick off a three-game set at PNC Park on Friday and if there is one constant when these two teams clash, it’s that the books are usually right. The favorite has gone 21-8 in the past 29 games between the Pirates and Dodgers.
- The Pirates are 19-8 in their past 27 home games following consecutive home losses.
- The Dodgers have won six-straight while allowing just 2.5 rpg.
- Corey Seager is 12-for-37 during his current seven-game hitting streak.
Jameson Taillon will make his fourth career start for the Pirates when he takes the mound Friday. Taillon has been solid through his first three starts with a 3.50 ERA and a 13/4 K/BB ratio, but is coming off an outing in which he lasted just four innings while surrendering eight hits and four runs.
Nick Tepesch will be getting his first start in the majors since Sept. 26, 2014 after he was signed this offseason to a minor league contract. Tepesch has appeared to be fine after missing the entirety of last season with an elbow injury, as the righty has gone 7-2 with a 3.66 ERA in Triple-A.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Pittsburgh Pirates as -120 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 8 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.8-3.6 win for the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Pirates bring a 34-39 record to the battle against the 41-33 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Pittsburgh Pirates sit at No. 30 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at No. 13 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Pittsburgh Pirates and its No. 12-rated batting order, averaging 4.55 runs per nine innings, against the No. 19 line up of the Los Angeles Dodgers at 4.18 runs per outing.
Los Angeles brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Pirates’s No. 26-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers enjoyed a 4-3 victory at the expense of the Nationals on Wednesday, with Julio Urias throwing 0.1 innings of 0-hit ball at Dodger Stadium.
The Pirates endured a 5-3 loss at the hands of the Giants on Thursday, with J Niese throwing 6 innings of 7-hit ball at PNC Park.
- LA Dodgers is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- LA Dodgers is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of LA Dodgers’s last 11 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Pittsburgh, Saturday, June 25th