The Pittsburgh Pirates are set to wrap up their eight-game homestand on Monday, and they can complete a four-game sweep over the Los Angeles Dodgers with a win. The Bucs have scored 18 runs in their three wins against the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers are 0-5 SU in their last five games against the Pirates.
- The Pirates are 1-5 SU in their last six games after winning as an underdog.
- The Dodgers are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games during the afternoon.
Scott Kazmir and Francisco Liriano are slated to get the ball for the Dodgers and Pirates, respectively. Kazmir (5-3, 4.52 ERA) is unbeaten in his last eight starts but has not factored in the decision five times during that span. Liriano (4-7, 5.17) has dropped four of his last five outings, yielding at least four runs in each of them while issuing a total of 24 walks in 31.5 innings.
When the Dodgers and Pirates play at PNC Park, high-scoring affairs tend to follow. The OVER is 5-1 in the last six matchups between the NL Clubs in the Steel City.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers were -113 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 8.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.1-3.8 win for the Dodgers on Monday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Pirates sport a record of 37-39 heading into this matchup, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at 41-36 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Pittsburgh vs Los Angeles injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 29-ranked Pittsburgh Pirates and the No. 15-rated Los Angeles Dodgers in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Los Angeles Dodgers rank No. 27 at 7.88 hits per game. That compares with the Pittsburgh Pirates No. 8 ranking in that category.
Los Angeles brings the No. 4-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Pirates’s No. 25-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 4-3 to Pittsburgh on Sunday at PNC Park.
- LA Dodgers is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Pittsburgh’s last 20 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Milwaukee, Tuesday, June 28th
Pittsburgh at Seattle, Tuesday, June 28th