When baseball bettors think of the Colorado Rockies they think of the thin air of Coors Field and OVERs. But that couldn’t be further from the truth when the Rockies clash with the Los Angeles Dodgers. In the past 24 meetings between the NL West rivals, the UNDER has cashed 18 times including Games 2 and 3 of their current four-game series.
– Shark BITES
- Justin Turner has a career .347 batting average with 11 doubles and 17 RBIs at Coors Field.
- The Rockies are 4-9 SU in their past 13 games against the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers are 7-1 SU and 6-2 against the runline in their past 8 games.
Julio Urias didn’t start the season with the big club but he has proven that he should have. In the youngster’s three big league starts this season he has a 1.06 ERA and has yet to allow a home run in 17.0 innings. Though Urias has worked himself behind in counts too often, he has clamped down by allowing opposing batters to hit just .083 with men on.
Reigning NL Rookie of the Month Antonio Senzatela will get the start for the Rockies. Senzatela has a stellar 2.86 ERA and has held opponents to two runs or less in five of his seven starts. The Venezuelan has gotten better as the game goes on with opponents slashing .264/.323/.434 the first time through the lineup compared to just .158/.238/.281 the second time around.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Los Angeles Dodgers were -119 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bovada. The total was 11 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.0-2.6 result in favor of the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Colorado Rockies bring a 23-15 record to the battle against the 22-15 Dodgers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the Colorado Rockies at No. 9 and the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 5 heading into this contest.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Los Angeles Dodgers rank No. 12 at 8.81 hits per game. That compares with the Colorado Rockies No. 14 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Los Angeles owns the No. 6-rated road mark, allowing 3.83 runs per game on the highway. Colorado, on the other hand, rates No. 8 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Los Angeles threw a shutout at Colorado in their last outing, using a shutdown performance by A Wood to defeat Colorado 4-0 on Saturday.
- LA Dodgers is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- LA Dodgers is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games at home
- Colorado is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing LA Dodgers
- Colorado is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing LA Dodgers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at San Francisco, Monday, May 15th
Colorado at Minnesota, Tuesday, May 16th