The Los Angeles Dodgers faced few issues in recent meetings with the Colorado Rockies. The Dodgers have taken the past five meetings against their NL West rivals while averaging eight runs per game. They will look to claim sole possession of top spot in the division when they kick off a three-game series in Colorado on Friday.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of the Dodgers’ last 16 games against the Rockies.
- The Rockies are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games during the afternoon.
- Justin Turner hit .368 with eight extra-base hits against the Rockies last season.
Hyun-Jin Ryu, who won the Dodgers’ fifth-starter spot, has made the grand total of one appearance in the majors since the 2014 season. Injuries have derailed the 30-year-old’s MLB career this far, but he looked like his old self during spring training by posting a 2.57 ERA and holding opponents to a .196 batting average.
The Rockies will counter with Kyle Freeland, who makes his first career MLB start Friday. Freeland, who played his high school baseball 20 minutes up the road, posted a combined 3.89 ERA with a 2.4-to-0.9 K/BB ratio in between double-A and triple-A last season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Dodgers were listed as 100 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 12 before betting started earlier on Friday over at Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.4-3.9 win for the Rockies. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Colorado Rockies sport a record of 3-1 heading into this matchup, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at 3-1 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs Los Angeles injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 22 (Colorado Rockies) and the No. 4 (Los Angeles Dodgers) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- LA Dodgers is 6-16 ATS in its last 22 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Colorado
- Colorado is 8-17 ATS in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado’s last 7 games
- Colorado is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Colorado, Saturday, April 8th