The resurgent New York Yankees are back from the dead and are making a charge in the American League playoff picture. Next up on the docket for the Bronx Bombers is a Thursday date against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Yankee Stadium.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Yankees’ last five games during the afternoon.
- The Yankees are 7-2 SU in their last nine games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of the Dodgers’ last nine games with a closing total of 7.5 or less.
Clayton Kershaw and Michael Pineda will get the nod for the Dodgers and Yanks, respectively. Kershaw (11-3, 1.89 ERA) is working his way back into form after spending more than two months on the disabled list with a back injury. The ace lasted only three innings and 66 pitches while suffering a loss at Miami in his return on Friday.
Pineda (6-11, 5.07) is winless in his last six outings and has failed to reach the five inning mark in each. The hurler is 6-3 with a 2.98 ERA in 10 career interleague starts.
The UNDER is a great play when these teams collide. In the last five contests between the Dodgers and Yankees, the UNDER is 4-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the New York Yankees in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 182 at BetOnline for Wednesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 7.5 at Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.4-3.2 win for the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees sport a record of 77-67 heading into this matchup, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at 81-63 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Los Angeles injuries news.
The New York Yankees sit at No. 5 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Los Angeles Dodgers sit at No. 8 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the New York Yankees and its No. 22-rated batting order, averaging 4.24 runs per nine innings, against the No. 15 line up of the Los Angeles Dodgers at 4.46 runs per outing.
New York owns the No. 11 defense, allowing 4.24 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Los Angeles’s No. 4-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Dodgers were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the New York staff and losing 3-0 to the Yankees on Tuesday at Yankee Stadium.
- LA Dodgers is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- LA Dodgers is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Yankees is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 12 games
- NY Yankees is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Arizona, Thursday, September 15th
New York at Boston, Thursday, September 15th