Not requiring the services of Ryan Johansen, who underwent emergency surgery prior to Game 5, the Predators took a 3-2 series lead in their best-of-seven with the Ducks and they’ll be looking to wrap it up in front of their home fans on Monday. Pekka Rinne and the Preds will be the betting favorites in Game 6 and given their 6-1 straight-up record in their last seven games as a fave, we could see them crowned champs of the Western Conference tonight.
– Shark BITES
- Pekka Rinne has a .977 save percentage in the Predators’ 3 elimination games this postseason.
- John Gibson was pulled from Game 5 with a lower-body injury but expects to play tonight.
- The Predators have a 1.34 goals-against average on home ice this postseason.
The loss they suffered at the hands of the Ducks back in overtime of Game 4 was actually the first the Preds had experienced on home ice in their seven contests at Bridgestone Arena this postseason. That said, the favorite has not been succeeding in this matchup and is now 3-7 in the last 10 meetings of the Ducks and Preds – don’t count out the Ducks at their opening moneyline of +110.
Getting seriously outpaced in the shot department in Game 5, it was clear that the Preds offense is a different beast without Ry-Jo centering its top line and if Pekka Rinne doesn’t have another special performance in the Nashville net, this thing will be heading back to the Duck Pond for a seventh and deciding game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Anaheim Ducks were listed as 110 underdogs on the NHL hockey moneyline earlier at Bet365. The over under total was set at 5.5 before betting started earlier on Monday at Bovada.
Odds – Shark score prediction models pick a 3.3-2.3 result in favor of the Predators today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Anaheim Ducks vs Nashville Predators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Anaheim Ducks have seen them go 56-28-14 so far this season, while the Predators are at 52-32-13. In totals betting, the Nashville Predators are 43-42-12, while the Ducks are 35-41-22. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Nashville vs Anaheim injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 22 (Nashville Predators) and the No. 9 (Anaheim Ducks) teams according to our current NHL Power Rankings.
The game also pits Nashville’s No. 10-ranked offense, averaging 2.9 goals per game, against a Ducks defense that ranks No. 6 at 2.51 goals allowed. The Predators power play is averaging 18.42% while the Ducks defense kills off 83.04% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Anaheim is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games
- Anaheim is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Anaheim is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Anaheim is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Nashville
- Nashville is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games
- Nashville is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Nashville’s last 9 games
- Nashville is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Anaheim home to Nashville, Wednesday, May 24th