The San Jose Sharks and Anaheim Ducks have developed a healthy rivalry over the last few years, and the two California clubs are set to square off once again in Northern California in their first clash of the 2015/16 NHL campaign. San Jose kicked off the Pete DeBoer era with a 5-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings in its season opener, while the Ducks will be making their season debut.
- San Jose won the season series last year 4-0-1.
- Dating back to last year, the Sharks are 2-12 in Saturday games.
- Ducks RW Jakob Silfverberg will not play after taking an elbow in the head from Raffi Torres last week.
The confines of SAP Centre at San Jose haven’t been friendly to the Ducks in recent clashes. Anaheim is winless in its last seven trips to San Jose.
The Sharks will be attempting to start the season off on the right foot by picking up their second victory after what was a disastrous 2014/15 campaign. San Jose finished 12th in the Western Conference with a 40-33-9 SU record, a far cry from the perennially playoff-bound team we’ve become accustomed to seeing in recent years.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the opening NHL betting line for this matchup, San Jose sat as -110 favorites over at BetOnline. The total was set at 5.5 at Bodog but may move closer to puck drop.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 3.6-3.2 victory for the Ducks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Jose Sharks sport a record of 1-0-0 heading into this matchup, while the Anaheim Ducks sit at — on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 1-0 for the Sharks and – for the Ducks. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Jose vs Anaheim injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
NHL Power Rankings have the San Jose Sharks at No. 5 and the Anaheim Ducks at No. 25 heading into this contest.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
In their last action, Anaheim was a 5-3 loser at home against the Blackhawks. Bettors on Chicago at +116 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (8) sent OVER bettors home happy as well.
San Jose won its last outing, a 5-1 result against the Kings on October 07. Bettors who backed the Sharks at +138 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (6) sent OVER bettors to the payout window.
- Anaheim is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games
- Anaheim is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games
- Anaheim is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- San Jose is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- San Jose is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games at home
- San Jose is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Anaheim
- San Jose is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Anaheim
Next Betting Matchups
Anaheim home to Vancouver, Monday, October 12th
San Jose at Washington, Tuesday, October 13th