The No.1 ranked North Carolina Tar Heels continue their season when they host the Fairfield Stags Sunday, but UNC has struggled to cover frequently large spreads at home. The Tar Heels are just 4-8-1 ATS in their past 13 games at the Dean Smith Center.
- The OVER is 5-1 in UNC’s past six games.
- Fairfield is just 1-14 SU in their last 15 games.
- UNC’s starting five scored 66 points in their first game, nine more than all of Fairfield in their first game.
Any concerns that UNC may struggle without Marcus Paige in the lineup was put to rest when they dismantled Temple 91-67 to start their season Friday. Four different players put up double-digit points against Temple, highlighted by Kennedy Meeks who went 10-of-14 and recorded a double-double.
Fairfield’s first game could not have been more different as the team did not have any player score more than eight points in a 70-57 point loss to Yale.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
College basketball betting odds makers at BetOnline opened the North Carolina Tar Heels as -24.5-point favorites in this matchup. Check for the latest spread and over/under total line at sportsbooks such as Bodog.
Fairfield Stags vs North Carolina Tar Heels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Fairfield Stags will look to cover the spread vs the North Carolina Tar Heels on Sunday, as the Stags are 0-1 ATS versus the spread this season, while the Tar Heels are 1-0 ATS. Fairfield is 1-0 against the total, while North Carolina is 1-0 versus the total betting line.
This college basketball game matches up the No. 26 (North Carolina) and the No. 221 (Fairfield) teams in the league, according to our current NCAA basketball power rankings.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Fairfield is 1-14 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Fairfield’s last 6 games
- Fairfield is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Fairfield’s last 6 games on the road
- North Carolina is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina’s last 6 games
- North Carolina is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- North Carolina is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Fairfield at Northwestern, Wednesday, November 18th
North Carolina at Wofford, Wednesday, November 18th