Florida State was considered a long shot for the upcoming college football season by most online sportsbooks after losing stud QB Jameis Winston to the NFL Draft.
But news that Notre Dame pivot Everett Golson would transfer there has sent a flurry of FSU money to the sportsbook window, according to Kevin Bradley of Bovada.
“When rumors starting flying around of Golson going to FSU their odds dropped steadily down from 33/1 to 25/1, and once those rumors were confirmed we saw another influx of FSU bets dropping them to 12/1,” he said.
“This addition puts FSU in the top five in odds, but they are still distant to favorite Ohio State at 7/2 who have taken more money than any other team.”
Watching the college football future odds plunge from 33/1 to 12/1 certainly caught the attention of many sports bettors. The question now is whether that is knee-jerk money or purely speculative value wagering.
The Seminoles had not lost a game in two years before getting pounded in the national championship semifinal this year. Golson has the potential to start another long winning streak at Florida State.
Odds To Win 2015 Heisman Trophy at Bodog as of May 20
- Ezekiel Elliott (RB Ohio State) 6/1
- Leonard Fournette (RB LSU) 15/2
- Dak Prescott (QB Mississippi State) 8/1
- Nick Chubb (RB Georgia) 8/1
- Trevone Boykin (QB TCU) 8/1
- Cody Kessler (QB USC) 12/1
- Cardale Jones (QB Ohio State) 12/1
- Everett Golson (QB Florida State) 14/1
- Derrick Henry (RB Alabama) 16/1
- Paul Perkins (RB UCLA) 18/1
- Connor Cook (QB Michigan State) 20/1
- Deshaun Watson (QB Clemson) 20/1
- Jeremy Johnson (QB Auburn) 20/1
- Samaje Perine (RB Oklahoma) 20/1
- Braxton Miller (QB Ohio State) 25/1
- J.T. Barrett (QB Ohio State) 28/1
- Corey Clement (RB Wisconsin) 33/1
- Justin Thomas (QB Georgia Tech) 33/1
- Royce Freeman (RB Oregon) 33/1
- Seth Russell (QB Baylor) 33/1
- Brad Kaaya (QB Miami) 40/1
- D.J. Foster (RB Arizona State) 40/1
- Dalvin Cook (RB Florida State) 40/1
- James Connor (RB Pittsburgh) 40/1
- Mason Rudolph (QB Oklahoma State) 40/1
- Nick Wilson (RB Arizona) 40/1
- Taysom Hill (QB BYU) 40/1
- Malik Zaire (QB Notre Dame) 40/1
- Jared Goff (QB California) 50/1
- Jacoby Brissett (QB North Carolina State) 66/1
- Jalen Hurd (RB Tennessee) 66/1
- Laquon Treadwell (WR Mississippi) 66/1
- Marquise Williams (QB North Carolina) 66/1
- Scooby Wright (LB Arizona) 66/1