Floyd Mayweather is the favorite for Saturday’s main event in Las Vegas, but Manny Pacquiao has been getting just as much support from bettors at the online sportsbooks for the Welterweight superfight.
Bovada.lv reported on Friday that 51% of the wagers so far had come in on Pacquiao as the +170 underdog for the fight, with Mayweather receiving 49% of the support on his favored line of -210. And that could cause some concern for the sportsbook on Saturday.
“Even though action is pretty even on the fight itself, our liability on Pacquiao is steadily growing since he is paying just under 2/1,” said Kevin Bradley, Sports Book Manager at Bovada.lv.
“The best case for the book is a Mayweather decision, no surprise there. The worst case is an early Pacquiao KO or even a draw, which I am without words on how much love it is getting from our bettors.”
A Pacquiao knockout is listed at +425 on the fight outcome props at the sportsbook, with a Pacquiao decision at +375, and the draw at lucrative +1000 odds. Mayweather by decision is the -130 favorite on that prop bet, with Mayweather by knockout at +550.
As well, the OVER on the 11.5 rounds OVER/UNDER is the -310 favorite at the sportsbook, but it’s only been taking 35% of the action heading into the weekend. The UNDER, which is pegged at +240 odds, is sitting with 65% of the action.
MGM Grand Garden Arena – Las Vegas, Nevada
WBC/WBO/WBA Super World Welterweight Titles
Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Betting Odds at Bovada.lv as of May 1:
Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr -210 (49% of action)
Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao +170 (51%)
Over 11½ Rounds -310 (35%)
Under 11½ Rounds +240 (65%)
Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr vs Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao – Fight Outcome
Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr by KO, TKO or Disqualification +550 (17%)
Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr by Decision or Technical Decision -130 (24%)
Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao by KO, TKO or Disqualification +425 (17%)
Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao by Decision or Technical Decision +375 (21%)
Draw or Technical Draw +1000 (21%)