The Philadelphia Flyers enter the season with some moderate expectations, but an early season tilt with the Chicago Blackhawks could help the team get going on the right foot. Philly is 17-8 in the last 25 meetings against Chicago Wednesday.
- Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane in second in the NHL with six points through three games.
- The two teams split their two games last season with Chicago outscoring Philadelphia 5-4.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the Blackhawks last seven games.
The biggest question mark for the Flyers going into Wednesday’s game is goaltending. Regular starter Steve Mason has been away from the team on Monday and Tuesday to deal with family issues and though he is expected to skate with the team on practice Wednesday he will not sart. Instead, backup goalie Michal Neuvirth will get his third start of the season.
If the Blackhawks want to reverse their losing ways against the Flyers, they will need to get better goaltending from Corey Crawford. The netminder has faced Philly twice in his career and is 0-2-0 with a 3.53 GAA.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to back the visiting Chicago Blackhawks before puck drop in this match found them as -134 moneyline favorites at 5Dimes. They saw an opening total of 5.5, according to BetOnline.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 3.3-2 result in favor of the Blackhawks. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Chicago Blackhawks vs Philadelphia Flyers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Blackhawks will try to spoil to the party on Wednesday; they are 2-1-0 this season, while the Flyers are 1-1-1. Chicago is 0-2-1 on the totals; Philadelphia is 1-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Philadelphia vs Chicago injuries news.
The Philadelphia Flyers sit at No. 21 in the current NHL power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the Chicago Blackhawks sit at a No. 17 on the same chart.
The game also pits Philadelphia’s No. 26-ranked offense, averaging 1.33 goals per game, against a Blackhawks defense that ranks No. 9 at 2 goals allowed. The Flyers power play is averaging 20% while the Blackhawks defense kills off 100% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
In their last action, Chicago was a 4-1 winner at home against the Islanders. Bettors on Chicago at -135 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (5) sent UNDER bettors home happy as well.
The Flyers were a 1-0 winner in their most recent outing at home against the Panthers. That made winners of bettors who got Philadelphia at -105 on the moneyline, while the total score (1) was good news for OVER bettors.
- Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago’s last 7 games
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chicago is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games when playing Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games at home
- Philadelphia is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Chicago
Next Betting Matchups
Chicago at Washington, Thursday, October 15th
Philadelphia home to Dallas, Tuesday, October 20th