USA TODAY Sports
New England Patriots at Carolina Panthers (PK, 44)
* Tom Brady hasn’t exactly been lighting things up in his, albeit, brief time on the field this preseason. In five preseason possessions, Brady has gone just 3-of-9 for 23 yards with just one first down. The Pats are 1-1 SU and ATS in their opening two games with Friday’s game currently a Pick.
* According to The Charlotte Observer’s Jonathan Jones, Panthers head coach Ron Rivera is planning to let his starters play into the third quarter tonight. Rivera says that 35 to 40 plays would be “perfect” for his team and is hoping for them to come out after the half to play one series.
Detroit Lions at Jacksonville Jaguars (-2, 40.5)
* Even though some Lions starters may play into the second half this evening, wide receiver Calvin Johnson may not play at all against the Jags. “Not quite certain if you’re going to see him at all,” head coach Jim Caldwell said Wednesday. “There’s no guarantees at this point.”
* Forecasts are calling for around a 52 percent chance of thunderstorms and showers in Jacksonville in for game time Friday. Furthermore, wind will be blowing from sideline to sideline around seven miles per hour.
Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs (-5, 42)
* According to a tweet from Ed Werder, Titans QB Marcus Mariota could get some plenty of time Friday.
* The Chiefs’ offensive line will continue to be without Eric Fisher (high-ankle sprain) and Jeff Allen (knee). Fisher was injured during practice last Monday while Allen suffered his knee injury in the Chiefs’ 34-19 win over the Arizona Cardinals in their preseason opener.