Creighton has been struggling without senior Maurice Watson Jr. and it was especially evident the last time the Bluejays took on the Georgetown Hoyas. The then-ranked No.16 Creighton dropped a 71-51 loss to Georgetown less than one month ago. The most telling number from that outing was Creighton’s terrible 5.6 shooting percentage from deep.
– Shark Bites
- Creighton is 1-6 SU in their past 7 games against Georgetown.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the past 5 games between Creighton and Georgetown.
- Georgetown is 4-12 SU in their past 16 games on the road.
Though the absence of Watson has hurt Creighton, sophomore Khyri Thomas has done his best to fill the big shoes. Thomas has averaged 14.6 points, 5,4 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game in the Bluejays past five outings. The sophomore struggled in the first meeting with Georgetown and scored just four points while turning the ball over three times.
The duo of Rodney Pryor and LJ Peak have formed an offensive juggernaut in the backcourt, as the guards have averaged a combined 38 points and almost 10 trips to the free throw line in the past seven. Pryor and Peak scored 20 and 18 points respectively during the outing against Creighton earlier this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Creighton Bluejays were listed as -7-point favorites at most sportsbooks tracked by Odds – Shark earlier in the day. It opened first at BetOnline, where the over/under betting odds total was expected shortly.
Georgetown University Hoyas vs Creighton Bluejays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Creighton Bluejays sit at 21-5 (16-7-1 ATS) on the college basketball season. By comparison, the Georgetown University Hoyas are currently 14-12 (9-15 ATS). Looking to bet on the total points scored? Creighton is 11-12-1 OU, and Georgetown University is 11-13 OU.
The Bluejays – Hoyas odds would favor the Hoyas if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Creighton is rated No. 129 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while Georgetown University is at No. 88.
In the paint, the rebound battle will feature Creighton’s No. 186-rated squad against Georgetown University’s No. 145-rated roster. And in long-range shooting, Creighton rates No. 39 in the country with 9 per game, while their foes tonight, the Georgetown University Hoyas rank No. 179 nationally with 6.88 per match.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Rodney Pryor scored 20 points and helped out with 20 rebounds for Georgetown University on Saturday, leading the Hoyas to a 80-62 victory over Marquette at Verizon Center.
Creighton suffered a 87-81 loss against Seton Hall on Wednesday, getting 23 points from Marcus Foster in a losing effort at Prudential Center.
- Georgetown University is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Georgetown University is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Georgetown University’s last 6 games
- Georgetown University is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Creighton is 20-5 SU in its last 25 games
- Creighton is 17-3 SU in its last 20 games at home
- Creighton is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Georgetown University
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Creighton’s last 5 games when playing Georgetown University
Next Betting Matchups
Georgetown University home to DePaul, Wednesday, February 22nd
Creighton at Providence, Wednesday, February 22nd