Traveling has meant almost certain doom for bettors when Georgetown and Villanova clash, as the road team has gone just 1-7 ATS in the past eight meetings between the Big East rivals. That one cover by the road team happened fairly recently, as Georgetown covered at Villanova on March 5 of last year.
– Shark BITES
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Villanova’s last 12 games against the Big East.
- Georgetown is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games as underdog.
- Villanova is 17-0 SU in its last 17 games at home.
Though opponents have often overlooked Georgetown, this is not the year to do it. The Hoyas have gone 3-1 SU in their past four games with victories over ranked Creighton and Butler teams. Georgetown is heavily reliant on the backcourt duo of Rodney Pryor and LJ Peak for offense, with the tandem averaging a combined 37 ppg in the past five outings.
Villanova has held opponents to 65 ppg in its past three games, all of which were wins. ‘Nova has been struggling to cover for bettors, as the Wildcats are 0-5 ATS in their past five outings, all as favorites. In three games against Georgetown last season, Josh Hart averaged 19.3 points and 7.7 rebounds while shooting 81.2 percent from beyond the arc.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Georgetown University Hoyas were listed as 14-point underdogs at many online sportsbooks, including the odds makers at BetOnline.
Georgetown University Hoyas vs Villanova Wildcats Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Georgetown University Hoyas will try to spoil to the party and cover the point spread on Tuesday; they are 7-15 ATS against the betting line this season, while the Villanova Wildcats are 13-11 ATS. Georgetown University Hoyas are 11-11 on betting the total; Villanova Wildcats are 9-15.
The Wildcats – Hoyas odds would favor the Wildcats if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Villanova is rated No. 20 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while Georgetown University is at No. 138.
Rating these schools in several key categories is important for handicappers and Villanova has the nation’s No. 74-rated offensive output, at 77.62 PPG. The visiting Georgetown University Hoyas defense ranks No. 126 allowing on average 71.46 PPG. The Wildcats FG% has averaged 49.43% so far, more than the Villanova Hoyas marksmen have achieved on the year, 46.37% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
L.J. Peak scored 18 points in a futile effort to lead the Hoyas to a win (they lost 68-66 to Seton Hall at Verizon Center on Saturday).
Villanova got 26 points from Josh Hart en route to a 92-79 victory over St. John’s on Saturday at Wells Fargo Center-PA.
- Georgetown University is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Georgetown University is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Georgetown University is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Georgetown University’s last 7 games on the road
- Villanova is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Villanova is 23-2 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Villanova’s last 8 games
- Villanova is 12-6 ATS in its last 18 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Georgetown University home to Marquette, Saturday, February 11th
Villanova at Xavier, Saturday, February 11th