The Athletics went into AT&T Park and stole the first two games in the battle for the Bay Area from the Giants. San Fran will send Jake Peavy (4-6, 5.22 ERA) to the bump tonight in game three of four as the Giants try to salvage a split as their series swings to Oakland. Rookie Sean Manaea (2-4, 6.02 ERA) will handle hurling duties for the A’s as they go for the series win.
- The Giants are 6-1 in their 7 games on the road, the A’s are 2-6 in their last 8 at home.
- The Athletics are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The Giants are 3-0 OVER/UNDER in their last 3 while the A’s are 6-0 O/U in their last 6.
Peavy has been the rusty spot on an otherwise shining Giants pitching staff this year and has been downright atrocious on the road. He owns a 1-4 record and a 6.25 ERA in seven road starts this year and could see that average climb in a series that has seen a combined 35 runs in two games.
Through his first nine career starts, Manaea has been nothing but inconsistent but has pitched much better in the Coliseum than on the road. The lefty has a 4.54 ERA and both of his career wins at home.
Given the pitching duo, and the slugging streaks these two teams have been on – we could see the 8.5 total in this game smashed.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Oakland sat as 117 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 6.0-5.8 victory for the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Oakland Athletics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Oakland Athletics sport a record of 34-43 heading into this matchup, while the San Francisco Giants sit at 49-30 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Oakland vs San Francisco injuries news.
This game puts the Oakland Athletics, most recently No. 19 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the San Francisco Giants, who rate a No. 3 in the latest survey.
At the plate, Oakland owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.7 per game. By contrast, the San Francisco Giants are rated No. 12 in the same category at 9.03 per game.
Oakland owns the No. 24 defense, allowing 4.18 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with San Francisco’s No. 6-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- San Francisco is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Oakland is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Oakland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Oakland’s last 5 games
- Oakland is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Oakland, Thursday, June 30th