The St. Louis Cardinals have been playing some pretty solid baseball this season but will be looking to avoid their first three-game losing streak since mid-April when they welcome the San Francisco Giants to town in Friday’s slate of MLB action. Oddsmakers initially set the Cards as -145 home chalk with a total of 7.5.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of the Cardinals’ last 17 games against right-handed starting pitchers.
- The Cardinals are 6-2 SU in their last eight games after a loss.
- The total has gone OVER in seven of the Giants’ last 10 games on the road against teams with winning records.
Matt Moore and Michael Wacha are expected to get the nod for the Giants and Cardinals, respectively. Moore (2-4, 5.67 ERA) threw 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball to beat Cincinnati in his last appearance to lower his ERA to 2.57 at AT&T Park, but he’s been hammered to the tune of an 0-3 record and 10.50 ERA in four starts away from home.
Wacha (2-1, 3.19) has pitched at least six innings in each of his last six starts while recording five quality starts in that span. Wacha has dominated the Giants of late, posting a 1-0 record with a 1.88 ERA and .231 batting average against San Fran in his last four starts against them.
Favored teams are cashing when these teams collide, as faves are 13-4 SU in the last 17 games between the squads.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, St. Louis sat as -145 favorites earlier in the day at Bovada. The over/under total was set at 7.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.2-3.2 win for the Cardinals on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals sport a record of 21-17 heading into this matchup, while the San Francisco Giants sit at 17-25 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs San Francisco injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 3 (St. Louis Cardinals) and the No. 29 (San Francisco Giants) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
On offense, it’s a battle between the St. Louis Cardinals and its No. 18-rated batting order, averaging 4.53 runs per nine innings, against the No. 29 line up of the San Francisco Giants at 3.38 runs per outing.
San Francisco brings the No. 22-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cardinals’s No. 5-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Francisco suffered a 6-1 loss against Los Angeles on Wednesday, as J Cueto wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at AT&T Park.
The Cardinals got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Boston on Wednesday; it was a 5-4 final at New Busch Stadium in MLB wagering action.
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- San Francisco is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- San Francisco is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- St. Louis is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games
- St. Louis is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of St. Louis’s last 20 games
- St. Louis is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at St. Louis, Saturday, May 20th