The UNDER has paid out for totals bettors in eight of Matt Cain’s last 10 starts against the Chicago Cubs as he takes the ball for the San Francisco Giants on Saturday afternoon in marquee baseball betting action at the sportsbooks.
Cain is 2-2 with a 4.91 ERA on the season, and he took a no-decision against the Braves last time out after giving up four runs on 10 hits over five innings. Kyle Hendricks (5-5, 3.67 ERA) will pitch for the Cubs on Saturday afternoon.
Odds – VSB computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.2-4.1 win for the Giants on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 60-48 record to the battle against the 59-50 Giants. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs San Francisco injuries news.
The Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 16 and the San Francisco Giants at No. 3 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Chicago has baseball’s No. 22-rated offensive output, at 8.12 hits per game. The San Francisco Giants average 9.39 hits per game, good for No. 3 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, San Francisco owns the No. 22-rated road mark, allowing 4.45 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 30 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Giants endured a 7-3 loss at the hands of the Cubs on Friday, with R Vogelsong throwing 4 innings of 6-hit ball at Wrigley Field.
- San Francisco is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games
- San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Chicago, Sunday, August 9th