The Windy City has been kind to Jon Lester, as the left-hander has allowed no more than three earned runs in his past 21 starts in Chicago dating back to September 25, 2015. This season alone, Lester has a 2.03 ERA at home while holding opponents to a .180 batting average. Lester and the Chicago Cubs continue their four-game series against the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday.
– Shark Bites
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of the Cubs’ last 16 games at home.
- The Giants are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games on the road against the Cubs.
- The Cubs are 16-2 SU in their last 18 games at home with Jon Lester as the starting pitcher.
Just like in last season’s NLDS, Johnny Cueto will be starting opposite Lester on Tuesday. After a rocky opening to the season, Cueto is slowly starting to round into form with a 3.97 ERA and a 33/8 K/BB ratio across his past five starts. Of all the players in the Cubs lineup, it has been Jon Jay whom Cueto has struggled against with the LF slashing .342/.419/.632 in his career against the pitcher.
The Giants won the first game in the series thanks to the solo home run, something that has become a trend in San Fran. The Giants’ past 18 homers, including all three in the series opener, have been solo jacks. Ben Zobrist has been the Cubs’ most consistent bat since returning to the lineup following a back injury, as the 2B is 8-for-19 with four RBIs during his five-game hitting streak.
San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (22-21) will face the 20-26 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs San Francisco injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs sit at No. 19 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark, while the San Francisco Giants sit at No. 27 on the same chart.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 7-ranked scoring average of 5.05 runs per game, against a San Francisco Giants offense rated No. 28 and scoring 3.48 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 8.6 hits per game to date this season, more than the Giants hitters have managed (7.98 per nine innings).
San Francisco brings the No. 21-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cubs’s No. 19-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Giants grabbed a win last time out, defeating J Lackey and the Cubs 6-4 on Monday at Wrigley Field.
- San Francisco is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- San Francisco is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- San Francisco is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 8-16 ATS in its last 24 games
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Chicago, Wednesday, May 24th