The San Francisco Giants shocked many and won the first game of their four-game set with the Chicago Cubs but things quickly went back to normal. The Cubs won Games 2 and 3 in the series and have now won six of the past eight against the Giants. Will the Cubs win yet another series against the Giants or can San Fran force a split in the finale Thursday?
– Shark Bites
- Jason Heyward is 2-for-13 with 6 strikeouts in his career against Jeff Samardzija.
- The Giants are 9-2 against the runline in their last 11 games against the Cubs.
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of the Cubs’ last 18 games at home.
Don’t look now but Jeff Samardzija is looking like a – Shark again. After struggling through April, Samardzija has been on fire this month by accumulating a 2.73 ERA with 36 strikeouts and no walks in four starts. The righty is still giving up a ton of hits but he has been clutch by holding opponents to a .118 batting average with two outs and runners in scoring position.
Eddie Butler, who gets the start for the Cubs, has been inconsistent in his two starts since being called up from Triple-A. Butler’s first outing saw him pitch six innings of no-run baseball but the right-hander only survived 3.0 innings in his second appearance. Both games have shown that despite giving up few hits, Butler walks a lot of batters with an 8.0 BB/9. With the Giants offense struggling to get on base, Butler will need to reel in his command and make San Fran do its own damage.
San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs sport a record of 24-21 heading into this matchup, while the San Francisco Giants sit at 20-28 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs San Francisco injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the Chicago Cubs at No. 19 and the San Francisco Giants at No. 27 heading into this contest.
At the plate, Chicago owns the No. 14 ranking for hits at 8.51 per game. By contrast, the San Francisco Giants are rated No. 27 in the same category at 7.9 per game.
Defensively, San Francisco features the No. 29-rated defense on the road, allowing 5.85 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 10 at home, scoring 5.08 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Francisco looks to rebound from a loss to the Cubs, who beat them 5-4 on Wednesday behind a start from K Hendricks at Wrigley Field.
- San Francisco is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- San Francisco is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- San Francisco is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- San Francisco is 6-13 SU in its last 19 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 8 games
- Chi Cubs is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Chi Cubs’s last 18 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco home to Atlanta, Friday, May 26th
Chicago at Los Angeles, Friday, May 26th