San Francisco Giants’ pitcher Johnny Cueto will be making his first start of the season against the Chicago Cubs Sunday, but the righty has enjoyed facing the Cubbies throughout his career. In his last 10 starts against the Cubs, Cueto has a 2.66 ERA while holding batters to a .203 average.
- The Giants are 26-17 in series finales this season.
- The Cubs have won nine of their past 10 games at Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs are 1-6 against the runline in their past seven games.
The Cubs will activate John Lackey off the DL to get the start at Wrigley Field. The 13-year veteran has a 2.47 ERA while allowing less than a hit per inning at home this season.
The Giants have been a profitable road bet recently, as the team has covered the runline in each of their past five games while travelling
San Francisco Giants vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (87-48) will face the 73-62 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs San Francisco injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 4 (Chicago Cubs) and the No. 10 (San Francisco Giants) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Chicago Cubs and its No. 3-rated batting order, averaging 5.04 runs per nine innings, against the No. 19 line up of the San Francisco Giants at 4.45 runs per outing.
Defensively, San Francisco features the No. 4-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.99 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 7 at home, scoring 4.87 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Giants hope for a dominant pitching performance similar to their last game when M Bumgarner struck out 10 batters in 3-2 victory on Saturday at Wrigley Field.
- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco’s last 10 games
- San Francisco is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 8-15 ATS in its last 23 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Colorado, Monday, September 5th
Chicago at Milwaukee, Monday, September 5th