The National League West race is tight, and a three-game series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants could go a long way to deciding who earns the banner at the end of the year. San Fran has gone 11-23 since the All-Star break, and they now trail the Dodgers by one game as a result.
- The Giants are 1-6 SU in their last seven games on the road against the Dodgers.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Giants’ last five games against the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers are 13-2 SU in their last 15 games on Tuesday.
Madison Bumgarner and Kenta Maeda will get the nod for the Giants and Dodgers, respectively. Bumgarner (12-7, 2.25) is 13-8 with a 2.57 ERA in 24 career games against the Dodgers, including 0-1 with a 4.09 ERA in two outings this season.
Maeda (12-7, 3.29) has won his last four decisions, going 4-0 with a 3.45 ERA and limiting opponents to a measly .212 batting average since July 23.
When the Giants play away from home, the UNDER is trending. In San Francisco’s last seven road games, the UNDER is 6-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting San Francisco Giants before the first pitch in this match found them as 104 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 6.5 earlier at TopBet.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.7-4.3 result in favor of the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Los Angeles (69-55) will face the 68-56 Giants in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs San Francisco injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 19-ranked Los Angeles Dodgers and the No. 10-rated San Francisco Giants in this matchup.
At the plate, Los Angeles owns the No. 18 ranking for hits at 8.63 per game. By contrast, the San Francisco Giants are rated No. 8 in the same category at 8.98 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Los Angeles has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Giants own the No. 6 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
N Syndergaard shut down the Giants in their last game, striking out 6 in a 2-0 shutout over San Francisco in baseball action at AT&T Park.
Los Angeles looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Reds, a 18-9 final on Monday in support of S Kazmir at Great American Ball Park.
- San Francisco is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- San Francisco is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 3-14 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of LA Dodgers’s last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- LA Dodgers is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Los Angeles, Wednesday, August 24th