The San Francisco Giants are 8-1 in Madison Bumgarner’s last nine starts and 8-2 in the lefthander’s last 10 starts against the Los Angeles Dodgers as he hits the hill on Tuesday night against Zack Greinke and the top rival.
Bumgarner is 16-6 with a 2.97 ERA on the season, and he beat the Cubs last time out by allowing one run over six innings. Greinke is 14-3 with a 1.61 ERA, allowing four hits over seven shutout innings vs. the Reds last start.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Los Angeles Dodgers as -150 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 6 at shops such as Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.2-4.1 result in favor of the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Dodgers bring a 72-57 record to the battle against the 69-61 Giants. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs San Francisco injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 18-rated Los Angeles Dodgers and the league No. 14-ranked San Francisco Giants, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
On offense, it’s a battle between the Los Angeles Dodgers and its No. 18-rated batting order, averaging 4.09 runs per nine innings, against the No. 12 line up of the San Francisco Giants at 4.31 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Los Angeles has the No. 3-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Giants own the No. 7 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Giants got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Los Angeles on Monday; it was a 5-4 final at Dodger Stadium in MLB wagering action.
- San Francisco is 3-5-1 SU in its last 9 games
- San Francisco is 1-4-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- San Francisco is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing LA Dodgers
- San Francisco is 3-5-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
- LA Dodgers is 5-1-1 SU in its last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 11-3-1 SU in its last 15 games at home
- LA Dodgers is 1-5-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing San Francisco
- LA Dodgers is 2-3-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against San Francisco
Next Betting Matchups
San Francisco at Los Angeles, Wednesday, September 2nd